Tuesday, August 12, 2008
Friday, August 8, 2008
I just read that John Edwards is no better than Bill Clinton and I am so very disappointed. He seemed to LOVE his wife so dearly. Guess not - because how in the hell could he cheat on her while she was battling cancer if he loved her?
Edwards told ABC News that he lied repeatedly about the affair with 42-year-old Rielle Hunter but said that he didn't love her. Idiot. He didn't love who? His wife or his whore? He said he has not taken a paternity test but knows he isn't the father because of the timing of the affair and the birth. Like anyone should believe his lying, cheating ass now. What an ass.
Read the article here on MSNBC.COM
1. You know you're old when 30 year old hot bartenders call you, "ma'am."
2. My heart is divided between leaving Holly (our dog) with her dog sitter and going on vacation for a week because we'll miss her - we leave tomorrow for NC!
3. Ironing is not my job! I haven't ironed in weeks!
4. I have felt the fear of a close call, I have known the depths of relief when it didn't happen. This could be applied to several situations... car accidents, injuries with the kids, the possibility of 3rd child...
5. Gah, won't these people ever call me back - waiting for the bank to get back to me on a request bank statement so I can submit my expense report.
6. Start the day's load of laundry when you can't fit anymore in the laundry basket!
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to our trip to North Carolina's Atlantic Beach, tomorrow my plans include getting an early start on our drive and ending with a glass of white wine on the beach and Sunday, I want to have Captain Crunch cereal for breakfast and get on the beach by 10 AM!
Thursday, August 7, 2008
First by It's a Wonderful Lie - for 7 random facts about me...
1. I'd like to get my monogram tattooed on my body somewhere... just kidding. Thought about it - I'm too much of a chicken!
2. I love the smell of candy so much I was on a quest to find perfume that smelled like sugar and I found it - it's called Pink Sugar and I bought it on Beauty.com. I gave up wearing my Burberry Brit (what I wore for YEARS) because I got so many complements on it.
3. I must make my bed every day. When Mr. is the last to get out of bed and he doesn't make it I have to make it before getting back into it at night. I can not get into an unmade bed.
4. I am super sensitive to noise - it makes me nervous. When the kids are running around upstairs I want to crawl out of my skin even though I know they are just having fun. I can't take the noise.
5. I could go away for a week by myself on vacation and talk to no one. I would be perfectly fine with that. It's the noise thing.
6. I have super sensitive ears and nose - I can smell and hear everything. I think I am part bionic... you know like Jamie Sommers (Bionic Woman).
7. I believe I could be a great cook if I could just stop turning the stove on high to cook everything... 9 times out of 10 I burn whatever it is I am trying to cook because out of habit I turn the stove on high.
And second by WSU Laura. So here goes, 4 Things you should know about me before you invite me to your house...
1. I don't like taking off my shoes - neither does WSU Laura - my shoes are an integral part of my outfit and when they are off the outfit is incomplete. My children will happily take off their shoes though and I don't mind if you ask them to.
2. I would prefer to bring a dish so when I ask, "what can I bring?" I am not just saying it - I want to know what I can bring. If you don't tell me what I can bring then how will I know if we will end up with 2 desserts or 2 salads... or something. Please let me help.
3. I don't drink red wine - I drink white. I love red wine but I HATE that it stains my lips and teeth and it grosses me out to see people who have purple teeth and lips --- it's all I can focus on and it's distracting. White wine. I will usually bring a bottle but in the event I don't - it's what I prefer. I will drink a light beer if I must but I would rather drink water than red wine or a dark beer.
4. I love dogs but not dogs who insist on breathing their hot breath on me. If your dog does this... at least warn me... please.
Wednesday, August 6, 2008
Julie, if you are wondering, is Holly's (our dog) new groomer/dog sitter. She is going to have Holly while we are at the beach next week.
What a relief. No more wondering who in the world she was. Maybe I can sleep tonight now that that's cleared up... doubtful... but maybe.
My (very) few outlet finds...
Tuesday, August 5, 2008
One of the line items is the name Julie.
I have no idea what the hell that means. I don't know a Julie.
Shit. What the hell does it mean?!
It's after turn off mail delivery (we leave Saturday for vacation) and turn off the paper delivery.
Monday, August 4, 2008
I think the best part of the weekend (other than the time with the friends) is our friend hooked us up big time with a beach house - and when I say beach house I mean right on top of the beach. Just steps out the back door and we were baking in the sun. We had great weather so our days were spent soaking in the sun and recovering from the night of food and drink from the night before.
Friday, August 1, 2008
1. Security lines... do I need to say any more?
2. Waiting in a crowded gate.
3. Waiting in a crowded gate for a delayed flight.
4. Delayed flights.
5. Waiting in a crowded gate for a delayed flight with a crying baby.
6. Mothers who shush their crying babies instead of walking them around (or feed, change, whatever) to make them feel better.
7. Sitting in a crowded gate and being forced to listen to the cute guy next to me goo and ga to his wife of how much he missed her and resisting the urge to say aww out loud.
8. Sitting in a crowded gate having to smell gross people.
9. Public bathrooms.
10. Sitting next to people who are rudely chowing on disgusting unhealthy food including smacking their lips, shoving food in their mouths, dripping the gross food all over themselves, brushing the crumbs off their big bellies, slurping their over sized soda, belching, and making very disgusting noises so loud I can' t help giving them dirty looks and resisting the urge to say eeww out loud so she can hear me.
Thursday, July 31, 2008
On another note... in my quest to pack light - as in one bag for one night and no checking bags - I forgot my night gown. So ladies... I have to sleep in nothing but a thong.
Too much information? Sorry.
Wednesday, July 30, 2008
I am on a panel called, Technology in the Hospitality Industry: What vehicles is industry using to stay connected with Generation Y? Sounds exciting doesn't it?
This is the first professional panel I have ever participated on and well if you read my blog you know that I HATE public speaking so I can't say I am looking forward to the trip. I may or may not be prepared - that's still yet to be determined and in fact it might be mid panel that I conclude one way or another of "prepared-ness."
To top it all off I have yet to even think about packing. And I suck at packing - I always WAY over pack.
The exciting part of all of this is when I get home Friday afternoon I am jumping in my car and driving to North Carolina for a girl's weekend! I won't see baby girl and bug until Monday morning because they will be at camp Friday afternoon and I won't be home until very late Sunday night.
That makes me sad.
But seeing my friends makes me happy.
It's the yin yang of it all. I hate being away from my family but I love getting away and having a break. Not to mention there is also a kick ass J.Crew outlet just minutes away from my friend's place that I will be visiting and most certainly BUYING. Do you remember when I went last year?
So it's all good. The kids always have a grand old time with dadda so they barely miss me. That makes me sad too. But knowing they are having fun with dadda makes me happy.
See... yin and yang.
I need one of these.
I need someone to just hang out with me to tell me to step away from the Swedish Fish or the potato chips when I am tempted. "Just step away, Kerry" is all they have to say and if I am desperate they can drag my ass away.
I am trying to stop eating sugar. It's not hard... it's fucking hard! I NEED sugar - not every day but maybe every other day. Not a lot just a little. OK maybe more than a little - a moderate amount would do just fine. But I DO need it.
And can someone please tell me WHY I love potato chips so much? All flavors and kinds. I enjoy the cheap ones and the gourmet kind just the same. And I can't just have a few... I have to eat the whole damn bag or it will haunt me.
See? I need an intervention.
Maybe hypnosis will work... do you think?
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
I saw several cute as can be skirts, sweaters, dresses... Oh, the dresses! I knew I would be cheating on my love first thing in the morning. Not that my first love .. J. Crew of course wasn't still doing it for me ... of course I'm still hot for my J.Crew! With my Lisa dress there really could be no other but.... Boden... was looking pretty good to me.
As I walked into the restaurant with a warm tingle - you know that feeling, right? Warm tingle ... the tingle of love... but this time for another. Oh, the shame... I couldn't wait to get home for a second peak at the catalog. The Boden catalog. And as soon as I got home I poured myself a glass of wine and headed up stairs for a second - private peak at my potential new love.
I settled onto the bed ready... page 1... then page 2... 3...4...5... and then I realized there is no other love for me. What I thought was there in that brief time when I flipped quickly through the Boden catalog was nothing that would ever compare to my first love, my true love, my J.Crew!
Imagine... I almost cheated! Sure I found a dress I like that I will probably order but it will never ever replace MY J.Crew.
And to think I almost cheated...
Mr. even calls me "Momma."
I always thought I'd be a "mommy" but I was a "Momma" to them.
My daughter called me "Momma" first and then my son.
They call Mr. "Dadda" - not daddy - "Dadda."
A sad thing happened over the weekend.
A very sad, sad thing.
Somehow I became... MOM.
How'd that happen?
Overnight - I stopped being Momma and started being "MOM."
I noticed my daughter was calling Mr. "Dad" instead of Dadda first and then she turned to me and said, "Mom, gjhfgoseierytshgjlsfglsdhgooartaehsd."
I didn't hear what she said to me after she called me, "Mom."
I think I might have yelled at her when she called me that. I think I might have said, "I am NOT "MOM" I am Momma! Got it?!"
My baby girl is growing up and it's a very sad thing.
Bug is still my bug-a-boo though... he still calls me Momma - but for how long?
Will he start with the MOM soon too?
How could I have let this happen?
Where did the last 8 1/2 years go?
Where'd my sweet baby girl go?
And who is this big girl calling me MOM?
What's next? Boooyyyysss?????
Monday, July 28, 2008
...for sure I wore one of the 3 Lisa dresses that I love so much on Saturday night, right?!
Not this time!
I did however wear last year's version of basically the same dress in black. Remember this one is hard to wear a bra with because the straps show but I was not in the mood to go bra-less so I wore a black bra and just pretended like I didn't care that the straps kept popping out even though it was very annoying. I don't have the strap problem with the Lisa dress (one of the reasons why I love it so). I wish J.Crew had the Lisa dress in black!
Check out what I was doing on this day in 2007!
She was so confused... she turned to me and asked me that question about 3 times. So the party was a success! Mr. and I drank way too many glasses of wine so Saturday ended up being a lazy day of just hanging out at home with the kids. They watched The Deadliest Catch with Mr. and I think we all took naps at some point.
Saturday night we headed to Alexandria, VA for dinner with friends. We were feeling less than perky but once we got there we had a really nice time.
Does anyone want to guess what I wore?
Friday, July 25, 2008
Tonight at around 5:30 I am going to be a nervous wreck. I am going to happy hour with a good friend of mine to get her out of the house while her husband scrambles to get their house together for a surprise birthday party for her - it's her 40th! I just found out today that I am part of the plan. I am so excited. And because I will be "on duty" at 5:30 I also get out of taking the kids to my parents where they will be staying the night. My parents only live about a half hour away but who wants to be driving in rush hour traffic? Not me! So Mr. has to take them. Poor guy... I feel bad... but I can't. I'm needed : )
And speaking of the kids going to my parents - you know what that means don't you? Yes... I might have to perform like a rock start tonight but tomorrow morning I get to sleep in!
I decided to wear this (again) tonight...
Thursday, July 24, 2008
And this is what I wore.
Wednesday, July 23, 2008
yesterday was our anniversary!
Yes, that is me in the background frantic that something happened. Baby girl was fine - she tripped over a box that was sitting in the middle of the hallway.
Tuesday, July 22, 2008
Monday, July 21, 2008
Back to camp this morning for the kids. Mr. and I drove them this morning and not 10 minutes after we got home we got a call from the camp - baby girl is not feeling well. So Mr. got back in the car to get her. Camp is about 30 minutes from our house so poor bug has to take the bus home by himself. I am lucky that Mr. owns his own business and is on the phone 90% of the time so it was easier for him to go get her. She's in bed resting right now. I secretly think she's fine and just didn't want to go to camp but that's OK. It's going to be near 100 degrees today - who wants to be in the heat all day like that? Other than my bug - he didn't want to come home he wanted to stay!
This is what I have on today...
Sunday, July 20, 2008
A. Attached or Single? Attached
B. Best Friend? I have a few NC, VA, MD & NY
C. Cake or pie? chocolate cake although now that I have started to make pies I might be turning into a pie gal.
D. Day of choice? Friday
E. Essential item? mascara or j.crew flip flops
F. Favorite color? Pink
G. Gummy bears or worms? Bears
H. Home town? grew up in Linthicum, MD but Annapolis is home
I. Favorite indulgence? sugar cereal or chips
J. January or July? July
K. Kids? 2 of my own a boy and a girl - and 1 step daughter who lives in CA with her mom who comes to visit as often as possible - she's 16
L. Life isn’t complete without? I like Kim's answer Family, Friends and shopping.
M. Marriage date? July 22 (tomorrow)
N. Number of brothers and sisters? 1 sister - exactly (almost to the day) 2 years older than me
O. Oranges or Apples? Apples - Gala or Pink Ladies
P. Phobias? spiders - yuck-o
Q. Quotes? "Trying to be fascinating is an asinine position to be in." -Katharine Hepburn
R. Reasons to smile? my children make me smile when they are not driving me crazy.
S. Season of choice? Summer I guess
T. Tag 5 people: I tag anyone who has not done this yet!
U. Unknown fact about me? I had/have scoliosis and had to wear a back brace when I was 12
V. Vegetable? ALL vegetables even brussel sprouts and cooked carrotts
W. Worst habit? is being moody a habit?
X. X-ray or Ultrasound? I've had both but I am going with ultra sound.
Y. Your favorite food? hard one... guacamole... soups... salads... anything fresh.
Z. Zodiac sign? Aries
Saturday, July 19, 2008
So this morning I was looking through photos from last summer (comparing swim team photos from this year) and I ran across a few photos of me and my friend (not him - his wife - because that is who I was friend with although we became friends with him too after they met and married) and my first thought was, I should delete these so I don't have to be reminded of the situation next time I come across them? I didn't of course. I am an adult and that would be childish - right?
I am wondering what do you do when you break up with a friend? Has this ever happened to anyone else? It has, right? I'm left with, "what the hell" running through my head... we are adults aren't we?
I promise... I won't keep boring you all with breakup posts. I just had to ask the question if this has happened to anyone else... because it feels surreal to me.
Friday, July 18, 2008
P.S. I disabled the comments on my last blog post.
For the most part I try to keep my posts up beat and silly. If I didn't have this blog I might actually go insane at times. Today is the first day in nearly 2 years of blogging that I am actually considering not blogging anymore or permanently going private. Why? Because a few months ago I wrote a post out of frustration about someone who was unnecessarily critical of my writing on my work blog. I was frustrated , hurt and angry by his comments and I wrote about it on this blog.
Maybe I should have gone back to the post and updated it to say he apologized for being so hard on me. Maybe I should have deleted the post all together. Yes, that probably would have been the smartest thing to do. Maybe I shouldn't have written it at all. He found my blog (why was he looking for it?) and read the post. That blog post has apparently ended a friendship.
Just like that.
Here is where I am confused. The only difference between his emails to me and my blog post was that he was telling me personally and to my face that he thought I was an idiot and I was saying he was an idiot behind his back by posting about it. Should I apologize for being a coward and not telling him how hurt I was to his face?
So is having this blog public worth losing friends over? Is it worth monitoring what I write about - losing the essence of having the blog in the first place?
Yes, I know he will probably read this (hi to him) but I am hurt and frustrated. Should I apologize for feeling the way I did that day? Why do I even feel the need to apologize for my feelings? I might delete this post - I might not. If I thought I could do something to make it better I would. I will miss his friendship and the friendship of his wife even more.
P.S. I disabled the comments.
Thursday, July 17, 2008
Here is a picture of my "cuter dog" too...
You know what this means don't you?
I had the house to myself all day yesterday and all night last night and again all day today! How cool is that? It has been years since this has happened and while I love my family and all I really loved being in the house by myself too! They come home today - probably late afternoon and I'll be happy to see them but I was not sad to see them go. (did I just say that?!)
Last month when the kids were at camp Mr was suppose to go away for business - I thought I would have a night to myself then but he didn't go so it didn't happen. I was all excited for it and then it didn't happen so when this night came about I was super excited and so ready.
I didn't have to be any where - although I did go shopping (more on that later). I didn't have to talk to anyone - although I did talk to myself a lot more than I thought I would. I didn't have to cook - although I did make a salad to go with my avocado egg rolls that I picked up at California Pizza Kitchen. I didn't have to go to swim practice - although I still woke up early.
It was great. I needed the break! And now... I can't wait to see Michael and Lilly!!
Tuesday, July 15, 2008
Since I didn't practice before video taping the winners of the Orville Redenbacher popcorn giveaway I get a little tongue tied in the taping but hey - that's what happens when the deal is unscripted, right?
Winners please email me your address and I will send it on to the Orville Redenbacher people who will be shipping out the gift baskets! You'll have to view the video to learn who won!
A big special thank you to Orville Redenbacher and their marketing group for not only sending me the sample gift baskt but for also arranging this giveaway for us! Orville Redenbacher is a trusted name and as a mom I feel good serving it to my family as a healthy alternative to junk.
I wrote a post earlier about a post I wrote (are you following) on my work blog yesterday that did not go over well with my boss's boss and I linked to it (the blog post) here on this blog.
As Julia Roberts says in the movie Pretty Woman after shopping on Rodeo Drive... "Big mistake. BIG!"
Who knew I had the my settings over at my work blog set to track when people link to our posts. Who knew I was creating a link right back here to this blog where I basically poo-poo'ed the inappropriate assessment of my work blog post.
Have I lost you yet?
Anyway... big thanks to Mrs. K! Seriously I owe you one!
I was trying to add a little pizazz to what seems like a very boring blog at times. Blogs are not supposed to be so stuffy and CORPORATE! And I thought who hasn't encountered this - it's annoying right? And certainly it's an issue if you have ever worked in an office before, right?
It's hard to please everyone all of the time isn't it?
Monday, July 14, 2008
Yeah, that's right I was totally screwed by Delta and Travelocity. I am headed to Atlanta the end of the month to be on a panel for an event the company I work for is participating in. I was planning on flying home the afternoon of August 1. It turns out I need to be home earlier than the original time planned. Who knew Delta would charge me $180 to change my f*cking flight home?! Doesn't that seem completely unreasonable? And of course the customer service department is not located in the USA so I could barely understand what the rep was saying to me. NOTHING at all against this particular country but seriously... there is NOTHING more annoying when you are being royally screwed than dealing with someone you can not understand. At least they could tell me I am f*cked in English with a NY, Baltimore or southern accent! The poor man was very helpful and very patient with me as I went off on him with my "this is unacceptable" speech and he even waived the Travelocity fee but I still got screwed. F*cking Delta Airlines SUCKS!
I wore the green dress Saturday night to our friend's house for dinner. I received many compliments. It was a nice change of color choice for me. I tend to wear black, navy, brown or other neutral colors like white and gray that kelly green was way out of my norm... a good thing!
On another note... I don't know what has gotten into my family lately. We are all grumpy and the kids are fighting a ton. It's driving me nuts. Every time I tell them to do something they argue or if I say, "no" to something they argue and ask again (and again) as if I am going to change my mind if they ask me 6 times. Even though I love summer and spending time with the kids today I am feeling like I can't wait for school to start!
Is that really awful of me to say?
Maybe I just need a break.
Saturday, July 12, 2008
Seriously people - this is one of the most comfortable dresses I have ever owned and even though some of you may think I am crazy to buy the dress in every available color - I don't care. It's really THAT comfortable. I will wear it around the house and out for a casual day as well as for a night out. It really is THAT great too!
My Lisa dress collection is now complete!
Wonder how long it's going to take to get the dress with all of the shipping and web site issues they are having...
Friday, July 11, 2008
You see my father-in-law is visiting for a week and he wears Karl Lagerfeld cologne and it stinks! And to make matters worse he puts way too much on. So every morning this is what wakes me up. This morning was no exception - I was lounging in bed in that half awake and half asleep stage when BAM! pee-you! It was just a hint of the scent at first and then the wave started coming faster and faster until it was all I could smell. I noticed he wears more on the days he doesn't shower which is gross to even think about. What is it with old men who don't shower every day anyway? eeewww! Now my house has a hint of Karl Lagerfeld floating around - especially the guest bath and bedroom. uck...
All I can say is thank goodness Mr. did not follow in his father's footsteps! He doesn't wear cologne and never has. One of the boyfriends I had in college wore Sung for Men and I loved the smell of him. To this day if I smell Sung for Men I think of him. But in general I am NOT a cologne loving kind of gal.
What about your Mr.? Does he wear cologne? Do you like it?
Thursday, July 10, 2008
1. What is in the back seat of your car right now? Two booster seats.
2. When was the last time you threw up? My 21st birhday. Yes I am serious. I just don't puke.
3. What's your favorite curse word? Sorry in advance... seriously I hope this doesn't offend anyone... F*cking asshole.
4. Name 3 people who made you smile today? I don't think I have smiled yet this morning... our washer is acting funny, I don't feel well, our phones are acting funny (can't dial out), and I am grumpy.
5. What were you doing at 8 am this morning? Sleeping - I slept in this morning until about 8:30
6. What were you doing 30 minutes ago? WORKING
7. What will you be doing 3 hours from now? Either taking a nap, showering or grocery shopping.
8. Have you ever been to a strip club? Yes.
9. What is the last thing you said aloud? "Have fun and be careful" The baby sitter is taking the kids to Chuck E Cheese.
10. What is the best ice cream flavor? Mint Chocolate Chip from Baskin Robbins
11. What was the last thing you had to drink? Black coffee
13. What was the last thing you ate? Special K cereal
14. Have you bought any new clothing items this week? The J.Crew Lisa dress because it is on sale for $29 and I needed that color to complete my collection
15. When was the last time you ran? yesterday AM at 6:30 AM
16. What's the last sporting event you watched? Tour de France - Monday night
18. Who is the last person you emailed? my boss
19. Ever go camping? In a tent - no? In a camper with a bathroom, yes.
20. Do you have a tan? Yes, a slight one.
24. Do you drink your soda from a straw? if it's a fountain drink - yes.
25. What did your last IM say? What's an IM?
26. Are you someone's best friend? Yes.
27. What are you doing tomorrow? working
28. Where is your mom right now? working - she's a social worker at a dependent care facility in Baltimore, MD - she works exclusively with Alzheimer patients - she's a saint.
29. Look to your left, what do you see? My back yard through a double window in my office
30. What color is your watch? stainless
31. What do you think of when you think of Australia ? a hot man
32. Would you consider plastic surgery? yes
33. What is your birthstone? diamond
34. Do you go in at a fast food place or just hit the drive thru? sometimes drive thru sometimes eat in depending on what's going on... ie. travel
35.How many kids do you want? I have 2 and do not want another
36. Do you have a dog? yes
37. Last person you talked to on the phone? I can't remember - I think it was last night and with my husband
38. Have you met anyone famous? Yes.
39. Any plans today? working and grocery shopping
40. How many states have you lived in? 3
41. Ever go to college? yes
42. Where are you right now? my office
43. Biggest annoyance in your life right now? laundry
44. Last song listened to? Rehab by Amy Winehouse
46. Are you allergic to anything? no
47. Favorite pair of shoes you wear all the time? J.Crew flip flops in the summer Uggs in the winter
48. Are you jealous of anyone? sometimes... not right now.
50. Is anyone jealous of you? can't imagine.
51. What time is it? 3:07 PM
52. Do any of your friends have children? yes.
53. Do you eat healthy? try to
54. What do you usually do during the day? work on the computer writing emailing researching marketing
55. Do you hate anyone right now? hate no. dislike yes.
56. Do you use the word 'hello' daily? I am more of a hi girl
58. How old will you be turning on your next birthday? 39
59. Have you ever been to Six Flags? Yes
60. How did you get one of your scars? I had a baby.
Wednesday, July 9, 2008
Orville Redenbacher has offered to arrange a popcorn package give-away!!!!!!!
So here is the deal...leave me a comment and I will pick TWO names out of the bowl to receive a popcorn package compliments of Orville Redenbacher!!
If you leave me a comment BEFORE Friday July 11 at 2PM (how's that for random date and time) with your favorite popcorn recipe or variation (like just plain butter or marshmallow or whatever) and I'll put your name in TWICE for double the chance to win!!!
Did you read my last blog entry???
BTW anyone who left a message on my first blog entry about popcorn will be included on this give away!!
So of course now I am wondering...
Do you LOVE popcorn as much as we do?
Do you have any fun ideas/recipes for popcorn?
Tuesday, July 8, 2008
Monday, July 7, 2008
You can kind of see the dress in action, right?
P from Life Is Better With A ... Cute Outfit gave me an award today - and what an awesome way to start the week!
And of course I get to now pass the award on to my daily reads. I guess I can't just direct you all to the long list of blogs on my blogroll to the right - can I? Because it's really hard to pick just a few - I truly enjoy reading so many blogs. But here goes... I award Mrs. K, Shelby, Kerry, & Ned, & Amy, & Lisagh & Chloe & Libby &... I am so addicted to good blog reading :)
Thursday, July 3, 2008
It started around noon and by 4PM I was in serious pain but I had to finish a few projects. Mr. was out so he picked up the kids from the camp bus and since I was out of Tylenol PM (from my headache last week) he stopped and picked some up for me. For me the only thing that helps when I have a headache like this is to sleep but who can sleep when your head is about to pop off your neck? Or you feel like your eye balls are going to explode?
When Mr. got home with the kids I was still working but I heard him in the kitchen and thought with a glimmer of hope that he was going to make dinner tonight. After finishing my last project for the day I moved right to my bed and flipped on HGTV. Mr. came up and asked if I was going to eat - no, I wasn't.
He said with a proud tone, I'm making dinner! I pulled chicken out of the freezer and I am making dinner.
I wanted to say, "big whoop dude. I make dinner every night. Do you want a ribbon?"
But I said, "Oh, good."
And he made dinner and it smelled good and I could hear casual dinner conversation and I was lonely. So I went downstairs.
Holy messy kitchen! I ate a few bites of chicken - it was good. Why doesn't he cook anymore?
He was on the couch - I was in the kitchen. Mr. said the kids could have ice cream. So who gets to scoop the ice cream? Me. Why did I come downstairs? I should have stayed upstairs and if I knew I was going to be put to work I would have. But I scooped anyway.
Back upstairs I went.
And when the kids came upstairs for bed - I made sure they brushed & flossed their teeth, washed their faces, checked their feet and hands to make sure they were clean, tucked them in and gave them kisses and called Mr. up, "They're ready!" This is the routine. He's downstairs watching TV and I am upstairs reading to them, getting them ready for bed and then I call him up. Same thing every night, "They're ready!" And even though my head was going to explode at any moment last night was no different.
And then it hit me. It's not 1950.
The only time I get to plop my butt in front of the TV before 8PM is when I am not feeling well. And even then it's not a full plop it's only a half plop. Why does he get to watch the evening news every night - I (seriously) love watching the news and I so rarely get to.
Is it too late to change the routine in the house? Shouldn't we take turns cooking dinner? And get the kids ready for bed together? And read to them together? Or am I just hungover from my Tylenol PM induced sleep?
Do I need a reality check here?
Please... people if I am being unreasonable - tell me.
Wednesday, July 2, 2008
The dress is divine. It is so comfortable and I'd say it qualifies as one of the J.Crew miracle boob dresses which makes it even better! I'll spare you all yet another photo of my boobs. I also found the perfect pair of flip flops to wear with the dress in that missing bin of summer shoes.
Oddly enough look at this post from June of last year. These 2 dresses are just about identitcal from J.Crew... the only difference is last year's version I couldn't wear a bra and this year's version I can. I like this year's version MUCH better for that reason!
On another note - out of no where I got a headache today. The kind that all you want to do is close your eyes and try to sleep. And it sucks because I have two more meetings today and I can't even think about closing my eyes for the next 3 hours.