Tuesday, July 29, 2008

No longer momma...

Ever since my children have been able to talk I've been "Momma" to them.

Mr. even calls me "Momma."

I always thought I'd be a "mommy" but I was a "Momma" to them.

My daughter called me "Momma" first and then my son.

They call Mr. "Dadda" - not daddy - "Dadda."

A sad thing happened over the weekend.

A very sad, sad thing.

Somehow I became... MOM.

How'd that happen?

Overnight - I stopped being Momma and started being "MOM."

I noticed my daughter was calling Mr. "Dad" instead of Dadda first and then she turned to me and said, "Mom, gjhfgoseierytshgjlsfglsdhgooartaehsd."

I didn't hear what she said to me after she called me, "Mom."

I think I might have yelled at her when she called me that. I think I might have said, "I am NOT "MOM" I am Momma! Got it?!"

My baby girl is growing up and it's a very sad thing.

Bug is still my bug-a-boo though... he still calls me Momma - but for how long?

Will he start with the MOM soon too?

How could I have let this happen?

Where did the last 8 1/2 years go?

Where'd my sweet baby girl go?

And who is this big girl calling me MOM?

What's next? Boooyyyysss?????

Nooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment