Monday, June 30, 2008
What was I doing 10 years ago?
Falling in love with my husband and buying my first home in Annapolis.
What are 6 things on my to -do list for today?
1. Write 3 articles for work. (done)
2. Blog for work and for me. (done)
3. Buy a bathing suit at J.Crew. (done)
4. Go to Bed Bath Beyond to buy a new towel bar and accessories for our new bathroom (not done)
5. Send a netflix movie back and cancel membership (not done)
6. Return items to J.Crew by mail or to the mall (not done)
Snacks I enjoy?
2. Chips but I never buy them because I have to eat the whole bag when I do
3. diet root beer
4. celery - I'm serious!
Things I would do if I were a billionaire?
1. Shop of course
2. Pay for colleges for my kids and all of our nieces and nephews
Places I have lived?
1. Linthicum, MD
2. Tallahassee, FL
3. Kill Devil Hills, NC
4. Annapolis, MD
How did you name your blog?
I named my blog after the Sex in the City theme song and because it's never enough.
Just when I was feeling the slight bit annoyed - the site is slow due to their web site changes - they make it up to their customers before it gets really bad.
They are offering free shipping to online customers experiencing trouble - code is FREESHIP.
Makes me want to shop more, more, more!!!
Speaking of the new J.Crew site design - I am liking the sale section - they actually tell you how many different shoes are on sale and actually come in your size. Now that I like!
But I don't want to buy shoes right now... I want to buy a freakin' bathing suit for silly sake!
I have faith J.Crew and I can be patient... is anyone else having trouble?
googly moogly - not going anywhere for a while... I may as well grab a snickers.
I really wish John Mayer's blog had comments enabled.
I would comment on his blog daily that I love him and I would sit and wait and hope one day he replied back to me thanking me for my love.
Yeah, I know it's silly but even a 38 year old mother of two can daydream, right?
Friday, June 27, 2008
Is it OK that you made it with diet rootbeer and way too many scoops of icecream?
Is it OK to drink the entire thing in less than 2 minutes?
Is it still OK if you really didn't like it but drank it anyway??
Thursday, June 26, 2008
Wednesday, June 25, 2008
OK so not that personal but I will have the fortunate experience of actually seeing an ass in these pants. An actual ass as in bootie! My good friend just ordered them for her husband!
Wondering what a ass pants are? Confused? Read previous posts about ass pants here and here.
What do you think... do I dare?
Tuesday, June 24, 2008
Paid $52.49 for these lovely hot fuchsia shoes but paid $25.50 in overnight shipping so I can wear them on Saturday (maybe) to a wine tasting party with my new Lilly Pulitzer white and hot pink sun dress that I found at Marshalls over the weekend! Pictures to follow soon...
1. You don't have time to read all of your favorite blogs. : (
2. Your office is a big huge mess.
3. You order 2 of the same dress from J.Crew because you can't remember what size you are.
4. Ditto above for shoes.
5. You don't have time to return one of two dresses from J.Crew so now you are looking at the 2 dresses and can't remember which one fit the best and you haven't had time to try it on again.
6. You don't have time to return the one pair of shoes you ordered from J.Crew.
7. You don't shower most days until after 5 PM (eew.)
8. You can't sleep because you are remembering things you forgot to do that day.
9. You can't remember what you forgot to do the day before that kept you up all night the night before.
10. You are procrastinating at nearly 9 AM when you should be working!
Monday, June 23, 2008
1. You've written a work blog post.
2. You've spent more than an hour trying to edit a 300 word article for an upcoming E-Newsletter for your colleague.
3. You've given up editing the article for your colleague and have written the 300 word article for an upcoming E-Newsletter.
4. Designed an ad for an upcoming conference program encouraging employment with your company - that I will not be mentioning so Google Alerts does not pick my blog up again causing me to go into hiding again for another week.
5. Reviewed one and a half micro-sites for 2 of our divisions (what's a micro-site? just a smaller more focused web site promoting employment with the company that I work for that I will not be mentioning so Google Alerts does not pick my blog up again causing me to go into hiding again for another week!)
6. You've written a 200 word e-blast promoting employment with the company I work for (that I will not be... you know the drill).
7. You've updated your database with nearly 200 names by cutting and pasting the name and email of people who want to explore employment opportunities for the company that I work for.
8. You've ended too many sentences with a preposition that you have successfully annoyed yourself but are too tired to edit yourself because some say it's OK but when it's one of your pet peeves it's hard to resist.
9. You've eaten chicken noodle soup and a grape flavored Propel water for lunch at your desk.
10. You've updated your company's YouTube channel with a new video and description.
11. You've tweeted on your company's Twitter page that's really your Twitter page but since they don't have company Twitter pages (not really anyway) you have become the face of your company's social media efforts.
12. You've accepted 18 more requests to join your company's LinkedIn group.
13. You've had 2 conference calls.
14. You've thought about starting an article about social media and recruiting for an upcoming E-Newsletter and then put it off yet again.
15. It's 4:52, you started working at 7:59 and your computer has crashed.
Sunday, June 22, 2008
Friday, June 20, 2008
And this is what I wore to pick the kids up from camp!
Thursday, June 19, 2008
Mr. and I are supposed to go out for dinner tonight. I am not even in the mood. Give me some chocolate and a good movie and I'd be happy. As much as I enjoy a break from being the mom/maid/teacher I can't help worrying about them. Lilly is so shy and quiet and sweet and Michael is so full of energy but still just six and they are both so used to being with one of us all the time. It's harder than I thought - obviously! I know they are fine and this is really good for them.
Mr. just brought me a glass of wine. Oh, brother. Now he's in the shower - and singing. Lord, please give me strength. I have a feeling I am going to be expected to perform like a rock star tonight. Oy vey! I better perk up!
Men and women are SO different - aren't we?
Wednesday, June 18, 2008
I dropped the kids off at their first ever sleep away camp and I can't stop thinking about them. Every time I stop and think about something else thoughts of them come rushing back to me.
Are they ok? It rained this afternoon - are they warm enough? Do they miss me and will they be OK when it's time to go to bed without a kiss from me or daddy? Should I have insisted that bug sleep on the bottom bunk and not the top bunk like he wanted to? Should I have made him get his battery operated fan back from the kid he gave it to because he had two fans and the other little boy had none? Did I leave enough money on their camp account for snacks tomorrow night? Will bug lose his new water shoes - I saw them outside as I was leaving. Will he drink too much at dinner and wet his bed because he's so darn tired from the long day? Will baby girl meet new friends? Will she be too shy? Is she sad to be away from our dog, Holly? Is she going to sleep OK? Will she wake up and be confused? Will she like anything at the dining hall to eat? Will she eat her fruits and vegetables if they offer them? Will bug? Will they take care of each other? Are they too young? What am I going to do tomorrow morning without them? Bug is 6 - he needs his mommy and baby girl is a sensitive 8 year old who needs me even more. What the hell was I thinking?
For the record bug told me to leave and I didn't need to come back to say good bye again because I had already been back 3 times. I kept thinking of one more thing I wanted to tell him and one more reason to kiss him good bye. He was excited beyond word! Baby girl gave me a great big hug and told me she loved me and then turned to her little friend. It's only 2 nights. I know THEY will be OK.
Will I? I thought I would enjoy tonight - a "night off" from "life." It's not as fun as I thought it would be.
I MISS MY BABIES!!!
Tuesday, June 17, 2008
If you bought yourself a movie and watched it but know you will never watch it again - not because it wasn't good but just because you barely have time to watch one movie that doesn't just happen to be on and then you give it away to someone - not as a gift just to give away - would you consider it re-gifting and tacky?
Does anyone want the movie, "The Other Boleyn Girl?" I watched - liked it - and will never watch it again. Seems a shame to have it sitting around I thought I'd offer it to my blog friends! If more than one person wants it I'll pick a name out of the hat.
Monday, June 16, 2008
The kids are going to their first sleep away camp - it's a sleep away "trial camp" - so it is just 2 nights and 3 days and it's close to home. My Bug is only 6 - he'll be 7 in November - so I am slightly nervous about leaving him but I know he is going to have an awesome time. If they like it next year they will go for 1 week and in the future maybe they will go for 2 weeks!
I never went to camp growing up and always wished I had. It just seems like so much fun and I hear the friendships you form are lasting which is another reason I want them to go.
The next 2 days are going to be c-r-a-z-y! I have about 603 loads of laundry to do and I want to make sure they have the right clothing and shoes and bedding so they are comfortable. Mr. thinks I am nuts to buy them mattress pad covers - but if it makes them more comfortable then I'm doing it. He also thinks I am crazy to buy special towels and sheets for camp - but it's camp. My good sheets and towels are not going to camp!
The best part of the 2 nights that they are going to be gone...? Mr will also be gone one of those nights! Do you know what that means?
THE HOUSE TO MYSELF FOR AN ENTIRE EVENING AND MORNING!
How flippin' awesome is that?!
Love my husband and all but hey, a girl needs her space too!
Friday, June 13, 2008
But... when you work for a large company and many of the senior leadership are set up with Google Alerts to monitor our online presence and you are blogging for the company - a personal blog popping up in a Google Alert is not the most professional thing. If I didn't have to worry about my work blog's integrity then I would roll with it. So my blog is temporarily private.
Thursday, June 12, 2008
How about everyone else? What do you prefer - Old Navy or J.Crew tanks?
Seriously driving into DC from Annapolis is not like a million hours or anything - just about 1 hour in fact - but damn if it didn't mess with my equilibrium (I am not even sure what an equilibrium is but it sounded appropriate). I am just OFF today. In a bit of a bubble. I can see life moving around me but I am disengaged.
On a little bit of an upper beat... I watched The Other Boleyn Girl last night. I liked it. Just OK for me but of course the book was awesome so I knew it would be hard to measure up. If I had not read the book I think I might have had a hard time following. After reading Memoirs of a Geisha I felt the same way about the movie. I guess screen writers have to cut a lot out in order to fit it all into 111 minutes. I bought the movie at Target - anyone want to borrow it?
And speaking of Target. I hate that place. Every time I walk through the doors it's like an automatic $150 withdraw from our bank account. I did get awesome deals on cereal and water though!
Wednesday, June 11, 2008
1) What were you doing ten years ago?
I was falling in love with my husband.
2) What are five non-work things on my to-do list for today?
1. Watch The Other Boleyn Girl on video
2. Cancel my running date for tomorrow morning.
3. Wind my watch - I love my new watch but who knew they still made watches you have to wind! geesh.
4. Start reading The Constant Princess
5. read blogs and write a post (check!)
3) What snacks do you enjoy?
Cereal - Apple Jacks or Lucky Charms and I love chips but I don't dare buy them because I can't eat just a few - it's the whole bag or nothing!
4) What would you do if you were a billionaire?
shop, pay for college educations for my kids, all of my nieces and nephews, pay off my mortgages and my sister's mortgage, travel, shop, shop
5) Where have you lived?
College Park, Maryland
Kill Devil Hills, North Carolina
6) What jobs have you had?
Retail sales for Clinique
Communications Manager for a non profit
Marketing Manager for an engineering company
Membership Marketing Director for a non profit
Marketing Communications (my current job)
And speaking of Katie... she was also my summer swap partner! I love the theme of the package - summer fun!! I think if we didn't live on different sides of the country I would love hanging out with her. You can tell a lot from someone's music and I am right now truly enjoying her music picks on her blog. I've written down a few that when I am finished here I will be downloading from iTunes.
S- Summer beach mat!
U - Honey from Utah... can't wait to try it!
M - Margarita cooler! I was stylin' at the pool (sans the margarita)!
M - a GREAT magnet and
E - EMPOWERMINTS (I need these!)
R - Reading - I can't wait to make a few drinks this summer from this book
Thank you Katie! I love everything!!