Monday, June 9, 2008

I'm off today...

Mr and bug went to California to visit my step daughter who turned 16 (did you know I had a step daughter?) so it was just me and baby girl this weekend. It was great - very peaceful. It's amazing how much noise two boys can make in one house.

Our girl's weekend started out with a sleepover with one of her best friends. We made dinner and brownies and watched Alvin and the Chipmunks. Saturday we went to get manicures and pedicures and out to lunch. The best friend went home around 1 pm and then it was just me and the girl. We had a date night! Dinner (California Pizza Kitchen) and a movie (Kung Foo Panda). Sunday we were going to go bowling but opted to go shopping instead.

And today I have off. We just got home from swim team and in an hour or so we are going to head back to the pool for a day in the HOT sun. It's going to be like 98 degrees here in MD!

I am going to miss being able to lounge by the pool this summer with the kids. Too bad I can't work from the pool... if we had one in our backyard I could but I don't think it would work to lug my laptop to the hot pool. Oh well. A girl's gotta work - this girl anyway.

I received my Summer Swap package in the mail --- can't wait to show you all the great things I got from Katie! It's going to have to wait until I get home from the pool! But I am so excited to use some of the items she sent AT the pool!!

No comments:

Post a Comment