Thursday, June 12, 2008

Commuting messed with my balance.

I had to go into Washington DC yesterday to present to a group of fellow employees and I think commuting and presenting has given me the flu. I feel lethargic and achy and the only thing I can think it might be is the commuting and the presenting in front of a crowd.

Seriously driving into DC from Annapolis is not like a million hours or anything - just about 1 hour in fact - but damn if it didn't mess with my equilibrium (I am not even sure what an equilibrium is but it sounded appropriate). I am just OFF today. In a bit of a bubble. I can see life moving around me but I am disengaged.

sigh.

On a little bit of an upper beat... I watched The Other Boleyn Girl last night. I liked it. Just OK for me but of course the book was awesome so I knew it would be hard to measure up. If I had not read the book I think I might have had a hard time following. After reading Memoirs of a Geisha I felt the same way about the movie. I guess screen writers have to cut a lot out in order to fit it all into 111 minutes. I bought the movie at Target - anyone want to borrow it?

And speaking of Target. I hate that place. Every time I walk through the doors it's like an automatic $150 withdraw from our bank account. I did get awesome deals on cereal and water though!

No comments:

Post a Comment