You know it's quitting time when...
1. You've written a work blog post.
2. You've spent more than an hour trying to edit a 300 word article for an upcoming E-Newsletter for your colleague.
3. You've given up editing the article for your colleague and have written the 300 word article for an upcoming E-Newsletter.
4. Designed an ad for an upcoming conference program encouraging employment with your company - that I will not be mentioning so Google Alerts does not pick my blog up again causing me to go into hiding again for another week.
5. Reviewed one and a half micro-sites for 2 of our divisions (what's a micro-site? just a smaller more focused web site promoting employment with the company that I work for that I will not be mentioning so Google Alerts does not pick my blog up again causing me to go into hiding again for another week!)
6. You've written a 200 word e-blast promoting employment with the company I work for (that I will not be... you know the drill).
7. You've updated your database with nearly 200 names by cutting and pasting the name and email of people who want to explore employment opportunities for the company that I work for.
8. You've ended too many sentences with a preposition that you have successfully annoyed yourself but are too tired to edit yourself because some say it's OK but when it's one of your pet peeves it's hard to resist.
9. You've eaten chicken noodle soup and a grape flavored Propel water for lunch at your desk.
10. You've updated your company's YouTube channel with a new video and description.
11. You've tweeted on your company's Twitter page that's really your Twitter page but since they don't have company Twitter pages (not really anyway) you have become the face of your company's social media efforts.
12. You've accepted 18 more requests to join your company's LinkedIn group.
13. You've had 2 conference calls.
14. You've thought about starting an article about social media and recruiting for an upcoming E-Newsletter and then put it off yet again.
15. It's 4:52, you started working at 7:59 and your computer has crashed.