Thursday, July 17, 2008

the house to myself...

Yesterday Mr took the kids (all three of them - my step daughter is here from CA for a few weeks) to Ocean City Maryland. I stayed home because I "had" to work.

You know what this means don't you?

I had the house to myself all day yesterday and all night last night and again all day today! How cool is that? It has been years since this has happened and while I love my family and all I really loved being in the house by myself too! They come home today - probably late afternoon and I'll be happy to see them but I was not sad to see them go. (did I just say that?!)

Last month when the kids were at camp Mr was suppose to go away for business - I thought I would have a night to myself then but he didn't go so it didn't happen. I was all excited for it and then it didn't happen so when this night came about I was super excited and so ready.

I didn't have to be any where - although I did go shopping (more on that later). I didn't have to talk to anyone - although I did talk to myself a lot more than I thought I would. I didn't have to cook - although I did make a salad to go with my avocado egg rolls that I picked up at California Pizza Kitchen. I didn't have to go to swim practice - although I still woke up early.

It was great. I needed the break! And now... I can't wait to see Michael and Lilly!!

No comments:

Post a Comment