Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Ack!! I have to pack!

It's nearly 7 PM and in exactly 12 hours I have to get in the car to take the kids to the camp bus on my way to the airport for a business trip to Atlanta.

I am on a panel called, Technology in the Hospitality Industry: What vehicles is industry using to stay connected with Generation Y? Sounds exciting doesn't it?

This is the first professional panel I have ever participated on and well if you read my blog you know that I HATE public speaking so I can't say I am looking forward to the trip. I may or may not be prepared - that's still yet to be determined and in fact it might be mid panel that I conclude one way or another of "prepared-ness."

To top it all off I have yet to even think about packing. And I suck at packing - I always WAY over pack.

The exciting part of all of this is when I get home Friday afternoon I am jumping in my car and driving to North Carolina for a girl's weekend! I won't see baby girl and bug until Monday morning because they will be at camp Friday afternoon and I won't be home until very late Sunday night.

That makes me sad.

But seeing my friends makes me happy.

It's the yin yang of it all. I hate being away from my family but I love getting away and having a break. Not to mention there is also a kick ass J.Crew outlet just minutes away from my friend's place that I will be visiting and most certainly BUYING. Do you remember when I went last year?

So it's all good. The kids always have a grand old time with dadda so they barely miss me. That makes me sad too. But knowing they are having fun with dadda makes me happy.

See... yin and yang.

No comments:

Post a Comment