Thursday, May 1, 2008

A much needed detox.

Yesterday I ran in the morning (which was great) and then proceeded to eat like a piggy all day long starting with apple and peanut butter and Frosted Flakes for breakfast and ending with chips and salsa and a 5 pack of now & laters (my favorite candy by the way) at 10 PM. As I lay in bed last night and felt my stomach ballooning uncomfortably I decided I would take a one day detox - my way - today.

Did you know Beyonce lost more than 20 pounds on the Master Cleanse? Are you familiar with the Master Cleanse? There is no wonder how she lost 20 pounds - she didn't eat for a month on that program!! I've tried it before - I managed to last 4 days and then I had to eat! My father -in-law tried it and lasted 20 days - lost a ton of weight and said he felt awesome. Gained every pound back - so did Beyonce. The Master Cleanse consists of this really bad lemonade -lemons, Cayenne, maple syrup - it's eeww - a sea salt drink in the AM and a tea that scared me and is beyond "eeww." I wasn't "right" for days after (and that's all I'll say about that).

While some medical professionals will disagree, others say there are benefits to detox. Calorie restriction can lead to heightened feelings of psychological well-being. So basically what I am saying is, I know it's all in my head. Detoxing for one day might not REALLY do any good but it makes me feel better and that's what I need right now.

So am I really not going to eat all day long? Hello to the No! It's too damn hard to resist binging around 9 PM due to the hunger if you don't eat a damn thing all day long! I am shooting for water, green tea, and a nice green salad loaded with fresh veggies and sans (no) dressing (of course) for lunch and dinner. I am saying "NO" to sugar today. Maybe some plain celery for a snack later if I need it.

Do you think I can do it?

I'll keep you posted.

It's 12:40 PM - so far so good - an orange (for breakfast), one cup of green tea (no sugar no milk), and a bottle of seltzer so far today but I am headed down to the kitchen for my lunch salad... give me strength please... I am craving olives.

No comments:

Post a Comment