Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Inspiration - it came from my...



Last night I was stressing about pulling a blog post from some body part for my work blog and at the 11th hour (literally) I did. It came to me during the local 11 o'clock news. Imagine that - actually learning something or gaining anything from the local news. I never watch local news because it's depressing to learn about who died on the beltway today or who was murdered or the rising gas and food prices. I usually watch national news if we are not at lacrosse or swimming or some other activity. So anyway - back to my blog post - are you curious what I posted about? The title is "Inspiration - where does yours come from?" The post is about Jonathan Lester. An amazing story/guy, don't you think?

But that's all work and this is all play and...

Inspiration for that blog definitely does not come from the same place as this blog. For example, I watched 48 Hours last night and it was about Polygamy... not an appropriate blog post for work - right? But "interesting"... especially the modern face of polygamy and the women featured on this episode... twin sisters Vicki and Valerie, and another woman all "married" to the same man with 22 children - in one house. WTH!? eew... just eww.



I love the show Big Love - and I joke with Mr. about bringing on a "sister wife" to help around the house. His first thought was, "yeah, baby bring it on..." and then he realized that would be two wives bitching at him 24 hours a day 7 days a week. His own personal hell!

Do you know any polygamists? What about swingers - are swingers as gross or equally gross as polygamists? That new show Swingtown is coming to CBS June 5 and I don't think I can bring myself to watch it. The trailer scares me... it seems like such a dark world. Am I a prude?



And speaking of Big Love - when does it come back on? Now that Grey's is over and Lost is ending tomorrow I need something to look forward to!

No comments:

Post a Comment