Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Too bad so sad for me.

I decided to get serious with the dress situation yesterday. I searched every possible web site I could think of (except gilt.com - you have to be a member).

All of the dresses started to look a like.

I went online to Neiman Marcus to order this dress...


they only had it in a size 2 and while at one point in my life (before children) I was a size 2 and would love to be a size 2 again - I am realistic and know that I will never again be that size. So that dress is off the table. Too bad so sad - it was the most expensive of the 3 anyway. On to the next!

I ordered this dress from BlueFly and was pleased to receive their 10% off Oscar's Special as well as an additional $30 off as a new customer. I got this Vera Wang dress at 51% off the original price - well, you just gotta love that, don't you?




I figure I have plenty of time to get the dress try it on and return it if it's not "the one."

I will also be taking a trip to the DC Nordstroms (the Annapolis store does not have the selection) in the near-ish future to try the Calvin Klein dress on - which happens to be the least expensive of the 3 original dresses. I decided I am not going to hold myself to the after 6PM long dress only rule and go with the dress that compliments me the best.

I saw a number of great short(er) dresses that I think will work for me so if I find nothing at the store I'll start ordering until I find the one. I have time on my side by starting now.

We are planning to stay at the Waldorf unless someone has a better recommendation in the Park Avenue and 50th Street area...? The reception address is 109 E 50th Street.
.
Here are just a few of the other dresses that I've liked in my search...

I like the brown...

LOVE this dress but maybe too casual...

pretty dress... not sophisticated enough...

sophisticated... too conservative...


LOVE this dress and it's still in the running...

too much arm showing for me...

Love this dress - but the cut of the neck and arm would not work for me...


LOVE this dress and it's in the running...


LOVE this dress and it too is still in the running...


LOVE this dress... too bad it only comes in ivory.


Love this too... not sure if it's still in the running...

Pretty dress... but I think it could look sloppy on.

No comments:

Post a Comment