Thursday, April 17, 2008

Happy iBirthday to ime!

One of my last posts I wrote how I came home from NYC wanting a Blackberry or an iPhone because I wanted to be more "connected" to my family while I was away because you know I travel so often, right? Wrong. But hey, it helps me justify if nothing else.

So last night instead of going to swim team (the kids needed a break - plus baby girl had a long day which is a long story) so I took the kids to the Verizon store. I have a work phone and my position doesn't allow for a Blackberry - no big deal, I thought. I'll just pay for the Blackberry myself. I got a killer deal on a cute little BB Pearl. And when I say killer deal I mean killer deal. It was like $60 - and these babies are normally $300.

I was so excited to get the thing home and get it all set up - and I did somehow in between feeding the kids, getting them ready for bed, and other stuff. And once it was all set up I decided it wasn't much more than a phone. Just a phone that can get my personal emails and hobble it's way onto the web if I needed it. If I could get my work emails on it might have been worth it at the low low price of $60... plus $50 a month for extra service. But I have a phone that work pays for so the value was lacking. I went to bed very troubled over this.

So fast forward to this morning.

My mom called to make sure I made reservations for my birthday lunch... figure that one out if you'd like. I made reservations for my birthday lunch that she (they, my parents) are taking me to. She told me where and when but she couldn't call. Not sure why but whatever - doesn't really bother me just struck me as odd.

So ANYWAY... I was on the phone with my mother briefly explaining the phone, Blackberry, iPhone dilemma and she said... why don't you go get the iPhone if it's what you want and it can be your birthday present from me. I was like, really??? REALLY? Are you serious mom? And she was like... sure, it's really what you want!

So I did just that in less than 45 minutes. I zipped over to the store instead eating lunch bought the thing and now I have myself a pretty little iPhone so I can stay connected when I travel because I travel so much, right? :)

It still doesn't get work email but that's not the point. I don't need it for work because I seriously don't leave my office all day long and I rarely travel for work. But this iPhone is NOT just a phone. It's a little computer! It's seriously a tiny little computer and I can't wait to get it all set up with my preferences and contacts tonight so I can't start playing!

No comments:

Post a Comment